Sunday, October 7, 2007

Hockey Season is Underway!

The only thing I hate about hockey season is that my husband John is gone so darn much. He is the radio broadcaster for the Tri-City Storm of the USHL. I don't know who was in charge of making the schedules for this year but out team only has seven home games between now and the Christmas break. I won't have him home for the entire weekend until mid-December. I know the old saying is absence makes the heart grow fonder. I think it's true because we've already had one weekend with him away and I missed him terribly. At least I'll have him home a lot for the second half of the season. I don't know how military wives do it. On the whole, I'd rather be a hockey widow; that's only a few days at a time.

1 comment:

John Meissner said...

You think it's hard on you? Well, how 'bout me? I miss you and the boys so much. But I like the fact that you and a lot of other people depend on me to be there and bring the Storm games into their radios. I have the best job and the bestest family in the whole, wide world!